Malaysia Open 2019 Results for 7/4/2019 – Finals
Men’s Singles :
Champions : Lin dan
9-21, 21-17, 21-11
Runners up : Chen Long
Women’s Singles :
Champions : Tai Tzu Ying
21- 16 , 21- 19
Runners up : Akane Yamaguchi
Men’s Doubles :
Champions : Li Junhui / Liu Yuchen
21- 12 , 21- 17
Runners up : Takeshi Kamura / Keigo Sonoda
Women’s Doubles :
Chen Qingchen / Jia Yifan
21- 14, 21-15
Du Yue/ Li Yinhui
Mixed Doubles :
Zheng Siwei / Huang Yaqiong
21- 17 , 21- 13
Wang Yilu / Huang Dongping
Malaysia Open 2019 News
Lin Dan beats Chen Long To Win
- Lin Dan came from behind to beat fellow Chinese and reigning Olympic champion Chen Long to win the Malaysia Open 2019 on Sunday his first major title in 2 years .
- Lin Dan lost his first game in the men’s singles final against Chen Long tamely but came back strong to win 9- 21, 21- 17, 21-11 to win the title in an hour and 15 minutes .
- The two icons of badminton chatted and posed as the men’s singles presentation ceremony was concluded .
Men’s singles results:
Lin Dan Vs Shi Yuqi 21-19, 16-21, 21-12
Chen Long Vs Jonatan Christie 12-21, 21-10, 21-15
Women singles results :
Tai Tzu Ying Vs Chen Yufei 21- 14, 21- 19
Akane Yamaguchi Vs Nozomi Okuhara 21-15, 22-20
Men’s Doubles results :
Takeshi kamura /Keigo Sonoda vs Fajar Alfian Muhammad Rian Ardinto 21-13, 22-20
Women’s Doubles results :
Du Yue / Li Yinhui Vs Jongkolphan Kititharakul / Rawindra Prajongjai 21- 12, 21-14
Chen Quingchen / Jia Yifan Vs Cheng Ye / Jung Kyung eun 21-14, 21-18
Mixed Doubles results :
Zheng Siwei / Huang Yaqiong Vs Dechapol / Sapsiree 21-14, 21-9
Wang Yilyu / Huang Dingping Vs Tan Kian Meng / Lai Pei Jing 21-13, 21-17
Lin Dan bests compatriot Shi Yuqi to enter final- Malaysia Open 2019
- Chinese Superstar Lin Dan put on a sensational display of badminton to power into the Malaysia Open final ,beating compatriot Shi Yuqi 21- 19, 16-21, 21-12 on Saturday.
Chen Long Vs Lin Dan in Malaysia Open 2019 Final
Chen Long and Lin Dan to win their semi finals battle against much younger players in the 2019 Malaysia Open badminton champions today.
Badminton Malaysia Open 2019 Kian Meng Pei Jing eliminated
- The pair only the Malaysians left in the competitions lost 13-21, 17-21 to second seeds Wang Yilyu – Huang Dongping of China at the Axiata Arena on Saturday.
Kidambi Srikanth knocked out – Malaysia Open 2019
- Srikanth suffered a defeat in the quarter finals of Malaysia Open on Friday. China’s Chen Long defeated him by 18-21, 19-21.
- In the second game Chen was able to take a lead of 16-8 but Srikanth fought his way back and made it 18-18
- But Chen was able to win the three of the next 4 points to take the second game as well.
- With this loss of Srikanth , all Indians have been knocked out of the Malaysia Open 2019.
- Saina Nehwal was knocked out in the first stage of the tournament whereas PV Sindhu was eliminated from the tournament in the second round.
Malaysia Open 2019 – wrong line calls, poor body language : How PV Sindhu lost
- Sindhu lost 18-21, 7-21 in just 43 minutes to Sung Ji.
- PV Sindhu had a very disappointing end to her Malaysia Open 2019 campaign in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.
- Sindhu lost her third straight match to Sung Ji Hyun of Korea.
- On Thursday However , it looked like Sindhu almost gave up in the second game as Sung Ji trailblazed into the quarter finals.
Saina Nehwal crashes outafter error prone performance in round 1 – Malaysia Open 2019
Saina Nehwal lost 22- 20 ,15-21, 10- 21 in the first round in Kuala Lumpur to Thailand’s Pornpawee .
Saina and Chochuwong have now met 5times on the BWF world tour 2019 and this was the Thai’s first victory over Saina Nehwal.
This was also the first time when their match went to three games.
Indonesian Men’s Doubles Team Advances to Malaysia Open second round
- Wahyu Nayaka’s men’s doubles pair Arya Pangkaryanira / Ade Yusuf Santoso made their way into the second round ofthe 2019 Super 750 Malaysia Open level badminton tournament being held at Axiata Arena , Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
Sameer Verma knocked out, Prannav Sikki advance to Round 2
- India ‘s Sameer Verma put up a daunting effort before going down in three games in a pulsating opening round clash against world no 2 Chinese Shi Yuqi USD 750,000 Malaysia Open here on Tuesday.
- The 24 year old from Madhya Pradesh , who had lost to Shi Yuqi in the semi finals of the world tour finals in December last year, suffered a heart breaking 20-22, 23-21, 12-21 loss in a 65 minutes men’s singles here.
- In the third game Shi Yuqi jumped to a 9-0 lead and did not allow the Indian to fight back.
PV Sindhu , Kidambi Srikanth shoulder India’s hope as Saina Nehwal returns after
- India’s hope will once again rest on the shoulders of Kidambi Srikanth and PV Sindhu as the Malaysian Open begins on Tuesday.
- For India there are three men’s singles players, two women’s singles players and one pair each in men’s doubles , women’s doubles and mixed doubles.
Malaysia Open 2019 – First round win for V Shem – Wee Kiong
- Men’s doubles pair Goh V Shem – Tan Wee Kiong bounced back in style with a convincing win in the opening round of the Malaysian Open at the Axiata Arena here on Tuesday April-2.
- V Shem said , ” The game at India we played smoothly , but only towards the end of the match we made some mistakes and allow them to catch up , but today we also felt good and took control of the match well.”
Badminton great Lee Chong Wei out of Malaysia Open
- Chong Wei has pulled out of next months Malaysia Open despite being given the all clear after cancer throwing his Tokyo Olympics dream into jeopardy.