New Zealand Open 2019 News
HS Prannoy loses to Kanta Tsuneyama in hard fought quarter final clash as Indian campaign ends
- HS Prannoy fought valiantly before losing to fifth seed Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan in the men’s singles quarter final , drawing curtains on India’s campaign at the New Zealand Open 2019 Badminton tournament on Friday.
- Unseeded Prannoy squandered a one game advantage before losing 21-17, 15-21, 14-21 to world No 11 Japanese Shuttler in a Marathon last eight round match which lasted an hour and 13 minutes.
Prannoy stuns Sugiarto , Sai Praneeth crashes out
- Prannoy will face 5th seed Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan in quarter final on Friday.
- Sai Praneeth suffered a straight game defeat to Lin Dan in the second round
- Men’s pairs of Manu Attri and Sumeeth B Reddy to lost in the second round
Where to watch Live streaming ,TV Schedule and more Details- New Zealand Open 2019
- Live streaming for the matches is available on hotstar.com.
- The New Zealand Open 2019 matches will be telecast live on Star Sports Select 2 and Star Sports Select 2 HD from May 4
Saina And Lakshya Sen eliminated first round
- Saina crashed out of the New Zealand Open 2019 as she lost 16-21, 23-21, 4-21 to China’s Wang Zhiyi in the first round on Monday .
- Sen was also knocked in the opening round after losing 21-15, 18-21, 10-21 to Chinese Taipei’s Wang Tzu Wei.
- In a match that lasted 1 hour and 7 minutes Saina trailed 0-4 in the first game and was unable to keep up with her less fancied opponent losing 16-21 Wang ranked 212 in the world stretched Saina in the second game which the Indian won 23-21 game .
- There was no fightback in the decider as wang won 8 consecutive points to win 21-4 in the third game to exit the tournament.
- Sindhu , Saina and Srikanth to lead India at Sudhirman Cup
Kashyap battles in main round as Saina takes coaching round – Singapore Open 2019
- Parupalli Kashyap and Mugdha Agrey advanced to the main round of men’s singles and women’s singles respectively at Singapore Open Tuesday.
- Both Kashyap and Agrey played three games to win their qualification matches and Kashyap in fact played two grueling matches in three hours.
- In first round Kashyap fought through the next two to win the match 21-5, 14-21, 21-17 in 54 minutes.
- In the second round Kashyap faced Japan’s Yu Igarashi and fought hard once again to win 15-21, 21-16, 22-20 in 59 minutes.
Digelar , Ini Daftar Atlet Indonesia yang Bertarung – Singapore Open 2019
- Puluhan atlet bulu tankgis Indonesia diturun untuk mengikuti turnament Singapore Open 2019
Perang Saudara di Babak Pertama Singapore Open 2019
- Singapore Open 2019 akan dimulai Selasa [ 9/4/2019] di Singapore Open 2019
Badminton : Singapore association sanctions three new tournaments for 2019
- Announced on Thursday March 28 that it has sanctioned 3 new tournaments in 2019, two organized by Alpha Academy and one organized by Chinese swimming club to kick start the new national ranking system.
- Alpha Academy’s Alpha Age group series badminton championships will be held at the United World Collage Dover campus from June 17 – 23. The championship is a tier two competition and will be the first event to offer points towards the local ranking.
- It will cover 7 age categories for singles and double events : Under 9, U 11, U 13, U 15, U 17, U 19 and the Open category.
Lin Dan beats Chen Long To Win
- Lin Dan came from behind to beat fellow Chinese and reigning Olympic champion Chen Long to win the Malaysia Open 2019 on Sunday his first major title in 2 years .
- Lin Dan lost his first game in the men’s singles final against Chen Long tamely but came back strong to win 9- 21, 21- 17, 21-11 to win the title in an hour and 15 minutes .
- The two icons of badminton chatted and posed as the men’s singles presentation ceremonywas concluded .
Lin Dan bests compatriot Shi Yuqi to enter final- Malaysia Open 2019
- Chinese Superstar Lin Dan put on a sensational display of badminton to power into the Malaysia Open final ,beating compatriot Shi Yuqi 21- 19, 16-21, 21-12 on Saturday.
Chen Long Vs Lin Dan in Malaysia Open 2019 Final
Chen Long and Lin Dan to win their semi finals battle against much younger players in the 2019 Malaysia Open badminton champions today.
Badminton Malaysia Open 2019 Kian Meng Pei Jing eliminated
- The pair only the Malaysians left in the competitions lost 13-21, 17-21 to second seeds Wang Yilyu – Huang Dongping of China at the Axiata Arena on Saturday.
Kidambi Srikanth knocked out – Malaysia Open 2019
- Srikanth suffered a defeat in the quarter finals of Malaysia Open on Friday. China’s Chen Long defeated him by 18-21, 19-21.
- In the second game Chen was able to take a lead of 16-8 but Srikanth fought his way back and made it 18-18
- But Chen was able to win the three of the next 4 points to take the second game as well.
- With this loss of Srikanth , all Indians have been knocked out of the Malaysia Open 2019.
- Saina Nehwal was knocked out in the first stage of the tournament whereas PV Sindhu was eliminated from the tournament in the second round.
Malaysia Open 2019 – wrong line calls, poor body language : How PV Sindhu lost
- Sindhu lost 18-21, 7-21 in just 43 minutes to Sung Ji.
- PV Sindhu had a very disappointing end to her Malaysia Open 2019 campaign in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.
- Sindhu lost her third straight match to Sung Ji Hyun of Korea.
- On Thursday However , it looked like Sindhu almost gave up in the second game as Sung Ji trailblazed into the quarter finals.
Saina Nehwal crashes outafter error prone performance in round 1 – Malaysia Open 2019
Saina Nehwal lost 22- 20 ,15-21, 10- 21 in the first round in Kuala Lumpur to Thailand’s Pornpawee .
Saina and Chochuwong have now met 5times on the BWF world tour 2019 and this was the Thai’s first victory over Saina Nehwal.
This was also the first time when their match went to three games.
Indonesian Men’s Doubles Team Advances to Malaysia Open second round
- Wahyu Nayaka’s men’s doubles pair Arya Pangkaryanira / Ade Yusuf Santoso made their way into the second round ofthe 2019 Super 750 Malaysia Open level badminton tournament being held at Axiata Arena , Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
Sameer Verma knocked out, Prannav Sikki advance to Round 2
- India ‘s Sameer Verma put up a daunting effort before going down in three games in a pulsating opening round clash against world no 2 Chinese Shi Yuqi USD 750,000 Malaysia Open here on Tuesday.
- The 24 year old from Madhya Pradesh , who had lost to Shi Yuqi in the semi finals of the world tour finals in December last year, suffered a heart breaking 20-22, 23-21, 12-21 loss in a 65 minutes men’s singles here.
- In the third game Shi Yuqi jumped to a 9-0 lead and did not allow the Indian to fight back.
PV Sindhu , Kidambi Srikanth shoulder India’s hope as Saina Nehwal returns after
- India’s hope will once again rest on the shoulders of Kidambi Srikanth and PV Sindhu as the Malaysian Open begins on Tuesday.
- For India there are three men’s singles players, two women’s singles players and one pair each in men’s doubles , women’s doubles and mixed doubles.
Saina Nehwal says Tokyo 2020 will be tougher than last three Olympics
- India’s ace shuttler Saina Nehwal is working on fitness and improving her game in the run up to the showpiece event in Tokyo.
Srikanth loses to Axelsen in final
- Kidambi Srikanth lost 7-21, 20-22 to Viktor Axelsen of Denmark in the final of the India Open 2019
- Viktor Axelsen beats Kidambi Srikanth in straight games 21-7, 22-20 to lift the men’s singles title.
- Srikanth did fight for a comeback in the second game but not enough.
He and Srikanth end finals droughts – India Open SF
Srikanth enter’s final, Sindhu And Kashyap crash out
- That will be all from today’s semi final action at the India Open. with Kidambi Srikanth being the only to advance to the finals. Earlier Sindhu and Kashyap lost their respective matches. In men’s doubles the pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Manu Attri lost in straight game.
- coming up next is the men’s doubles where B Sumeeth Reddy and Manu Attri are in action.
- Sindhu crashes out after losing her semi final clash 21-23, 18-21 to He Bingjiao of China.
- Kashyap and Sindhu put up a fight but not enough to carry them through to the finals.
- On Sunday Srikanth will take on Viktor Axelsen in the final.
Srikanth, Kashyap and Sindhu sail into India Open 2019 semi finals
- Kashyap will be up against Viktor Axelsen in Saturday’s semi final , while Srikanth will face China’s Huang Yuxiang
- Ace shuttlers Kidambi Srikanth and Parupalli Kashyap kept Indian hopes alive by advancing to the semi finals of the India Open
Viktor Axelsen credits strong club system in Denmark for country’s success in sport – India Open 2019
Danish ace Viktor Axelsen On Thursday credited his country’s strong club system for his success after entering the quarter finals of the India Open badminton.
The 25 year old Axelsen out played outplayed Suppanyu Avihingsanon of Thailand 21-11, 21-9 to underline his favourite’s tag in the BWF World Tour Super 500 tournament.
India Open Top Seeds Pull Out
Last minute pull out of top seeds Chen Yufei and Shi Yuqi has left the capitals biggest badminton competitions shorn of star power. Citing medical reasons defending champion Yuqi and current All england Women’s Champion Yufei withdrew from the Yonex Sunrise India Open scheduled to start on Tuesday.
Saina Nehwal withdraws from India Open
Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal has pulled out of the India Open BWF World Tour Super 500 which begins in New Delhi on Tuesday, after failing to recover from an acute gastroenteritis problem.
Saina ,who turned 29 last Monday, had played through pain during the All England Championships after suffering from an acute gastroenteritis and mild pancreatitis ahead of the tournaments.
She was forced to withdraw from Swiss Open last week and was admitted to hospitals for treatment.
Orleans Masters 2019 BWF world tour 2019 Start On Today 19/3/2019 Watch live on Hotstar.com For more Details and Rankings Table click here
Sindhu And Srikanth top Indian seeds , China Send biggest ever contingent – India Open 2019
- The women’s singles draw will be led by All England championship 2019 winner Chen Yufei
- P V Sindhu is the second seed at India Open 2019 while Saina Nehwal is seeded fifth
- Men’s singles draw will be led by defending champion Shi Yuqi while Kidambi Shrikanth is seeded third
- ISL 2019-20 Fixtures PDF
- Bengaluru FC Squad and Prediction – ISL 2019/20
- FC Goa Propelled their home shirt for ISL 2019/20
- For Bangladesh Match Preliminary Squad announced by Stimac
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Nations League 2020 Live Updates & News
Kiprah Rinov /Pitah Di Super 300-Swiss Open 2019
Srikanth And Sindhu Top Indian seeds- India Open 2019
PV Sindhu is the second seed at the India Open 2019 while Saina Nehwal is seeded fifth.
The women’s singles draw will be led by All England Championships 2019 winner Chen Yufei.
Men’s singles draw will be led by defending champion Shi Yuqi while Srikanth is seeded third.
Sameer Verma and Sai Praneeth lead Indian challenge – Swiss Open 2019
Sameer Verma will look to successfully defend his title as he takes on Ajay Jayaram in a blockbuster all Indian clash at the Yonex Swiss Open 2019, a world tour super 300 tournament in Basel, Switzerland on Wednesday.
Hoo -Cheah in China Masters Badminton Tournament
National Mixed doubles pair ,Hoo Pang Ron Cheah Yee See leads the country’s charge into the second round of 2019 China Masters Badminton Tournament in Hainan, China yesterday.
The pair who are the top seeds, only took 28 minutes to white wash the Chinese young pair Ye Yuanpeng -Zheng 21-11 and 21-18 in the match held at Agile stadium of Lingshui culture and sports square according to BWF.
Swiss Open 2019 – Saina ,Sammer look to put behind All England disappointment
Saina Nehwal ,who is two time winner and defending champion Sameer Verma will look to shrug off their All England desappointment when they spearhead India’s campaign at the Swiss Open starting with the qualifiers here Tuesday.
Momota First Japanese Man Win to Title All England Open
Kento Momota beat Viktor Axelsen 21-11, 15-21, 21-15 to win men’s singles title at All England Championship.
Saina Nehwal Crashes Out
On Friday 8/3/2019 Saina Nehwal’s dismal run against nemesis Tai Tzu-Ying continued as she sufered yet another defeat against the Taiwanese to crash out of the All England Championship.
A former finalist ,Saina couldn’t find answers to the deceptive strokeplay of the World No 1 Taiwanese , going down 15-21 , 19-21 in the 37 minute quarterfinal clash.
Saina is now 5-15 in head to Head career record with Tzu-Ying and it was her 13th straight defeat against the Taiwanese , who has not lost to the Indian since 2015.
Tzu-Ying who had retired at the Hong Kong Open last year due to awaist injury, seemed to have recovered well as she went about her job with consummate ease at the Arena Birmingham.