India Open Results for 31/3/2019 – Finals Live Streaming
Tokyo 2020 will be tougher than last three Olympics, says Saina Nehwal
- Tokyo games will be her fourth Olympics , having represented the country in 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- She reached the quarter finals in 2008, won a bronze in 2012, and crash out in group stages in 2016 when she played with a knee inflammation .
- She skipped the India Open in New Delhi after she devloped pancreas infection during the All England Open earlier this month.
- She says,” I am coming out of a pancreas infection and I am planning to play Malaysia Open next week . Let’s see how it happens .”
Stephen Gallacher claims Indian Open with son as caddy
- After collecting a rare quadruple bogey on the 7th hole in the afternoon, Stephen Gallacher could not have expected to lay his hands on the winners trophy of the $1.75 million India Open on Sunday.
Srikanth loses to Axelsen in final
- Kidambi Srikanth lost 7-21, 20-22 to Viktor Axelsen of Denmark in the final of the India Open 2019
- Viktor Axelsen beats Kidambi Srikanth in straight games 21-7, 22-20 to lift the men’s singles title.
- Srikanth did fight for a comeback in the second game but not enough.
Srikanth enter’s final, Sindhu And Kashyap crash out
- That will be all from today’s semi final action at the India Open. with Kidambi Srikanth being the only to advance to the finals. Earlier Sindhu and Kashyap lost their respective matches. In men’s doubles the pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Manu Attri lost in straight game.
- coming up next is the men’s doubles where B Sumeeth Reddy and Manu Attri are in action.
- Sindhu crashes out after losing her semi final clash 21-23, 18-21 to He Bingjiao of China.
- Kashyap and Sindhu put up a fight but not enough to carry them through to the finals.
- On Sunday Srikanth will take on Viktor Axelsen in the final.
Kidambi Srikanth beats Huang Yuxiang to enter men’s singles final :
- Srikanth defeated China’s Huang Yuxiang 16-21, 21-14, 21-19 to enter men’s singles final in the India Open 2019 badminton tournament.
- Kashyap 32, then turned back the clock to reach his first semi final in a World Tour 500 level tournament in nearly four years with a comfortable 21-16, 21-11 victory over Wang Tzu Wei of Chinese Taipei.
Srikanth, Kashyap and Sindhu sail into India Open 2019 semi finals
- Kashyap will be up against Viktor Axelsen in Saturday’s semi final , while Srikanth will face China’s Huang Yuxiang
Viktor Axelsen credits strong club system in Denmark
for country’s success in sport. Danish ace Viktor Axelsen On Thursday credited his country’s strong club system for his success after entering the quarter finals of the India Open badminton.
The 25 year old Axelsen out played outplayed Suppanyu Avihingsanon of Thailand 21-11, 21-9 to underline his favourite’s tag in the BWF World Tour Super 500 tournament.
- Subhankar stuns fourth seed Suguarto; Srikanth ,Kashyap survive
- The other upset though of a lesser degree came when H. S. Prannoy accounted for eight seeded Tai Kataphon Wancharoen 14-21, 21-18, 21-14.
- Sugiarto seeded four was crusing to a possible straight game when victory leading 21-14, 19-12 what followed was a dream come back by the Indian.
- PV Sindhu and Kidambi move into the second round
- Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki Reddy play against 6th seeds Li Wenme , Zheng Yu of China at the India Open in New Delhi on Tuesday.
- Commonwelth games bronze medallists Ashwini Ponnappa and N Sikki Reddy upset 6th seeds and world no.18 pair of Li Wenmei and Zheng Yu 22-20, 21-19 to enter the second round of the Yonex – Sunrise India Open 2019 part of BWF World Tour 500, at the IG Stadium , New Delhi.
- Final Scores : He Bingjao Vs Prashi Joshi 21-12, 21-15
- Riya Mukharjee vs Phittyaporn Chaiwan 21-17, 21-15
- In an all Indian’s men’s doubles match top seed Pranav jerry Chopara /Shivam Sharma defeat Senthil / Vembarasan by a score of 21-13, 21-13.
- Han Yue And Vaidehi Choudhari 21- 12, 21-6
Men’s Singles :
Lee Yang /Wang Chi Lin
Ricky Karanda Suwardi / Angga Pratama
Greycia Polii / Apriyani Rahayu
Chau Mei Kaun/ Lee Meng Yean
Mixed Doubles :
Wang Yilu/ Huang Dongping
Praveen Jordan / Melati Daeva Oktavianti